martes, 5 de septiembre de 2017



















Juliana Solarte



Law Student


























We Don´t Talk Anymore





I chose this song because althougt it consists of a couple who divided their ways and tried to rebuild their lives,  I found it similar because I was living thr same situation. Two people loved each other. However, someday something happened and they fought. They couldn´t continue talking to each other as they used to do. With this song I always remember my former best friend Juan Carlos. Since we met each other in Colegio Mayor Alferez Real high school  we created a really special firendship, he was like my boyfriend, we talked all day for 3 years but someday we fought and we decided to separate and stopped talking, then he went to Australia and we didn´t talk any more. However, I still miss him so much.


The author of this song is Charlie Puth, and the guest singer is Selena Gomez, both are young singers  from USA. He is from New Jersey and she is from Texas. This song is part of the Nine Track Album, it belongs to the genre pop and it was released in 2016. The first time I heard this song I was driving my car in June  2016.



The song became a global hit, reaching number one in Italy and Lebanon. The song reached the top 20 in seventeen countries including Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Slovakia, Sweden and the UK as well as reaching the top 10 in Australia, New Zealand, France, Portugal and Spain, among others. "We Do not Talk Anymore" also became Selena Gomez's sixth top 10 on Billboard Hot 100 and the second for Charlie Puth.

































Beethoven’s 5 Secrets


This is really a melody or instrumental music because it doesn´t have a lyric, it´s a combination of “Secrets” a song of the group  OneRepublic  and  5 different melodies of the 4 movements of Beethoven’s 5th symphony. The creators of this melody are The Piano Guys, when the American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic and its director, Kayson Brown, approached them with this idea. The Piano Guys loved the idea because It combined two of the things that they were working to accomplish: inviting people to listen classical music and inspiring young musicians.

The Piano Guys is an American musical group formed by Jon Schmidt, Steven Sharp Nelson, Paul Anderson and Al van der Beek. The group was created in San Jorge, Utah, at a Piano's store called "The Piano Guys" . It's owner, Paul Anderson, was looking for a new way to market their products by recording Jon and Steven playing the pianos of the store and then uploading the videos to YouTube. This marketing strategy to sell pianos was a failure beacuse they didn`t sell any piano and the store closed, but their fame increased achieving millions of views on You Tube.


Which are Beethoven’s secrets? He had many. His most prominent secret was that most of his life he was deaf, and even then, he wrote his life’s greatest works after becoming deaf. He believed that art itself had "secrets" that had to be "forced into" to obtain the highest level of art. This piece and the video are dedicated to him. I chose Beethoven`s 5 secrets because when I’m stressed I’m always listening that melody. It causes me to get relaxed and feeling comfortable. Furthermore, I love the melody and it´s rhythm. Someday, I would like to play violin; when I´m listening to this incredible musicians, it makes me think I could play the violin better than them. The first time I heard that song I was at home, at approximately  3 am, in 2014 when I was studying with my classmates for a final math test; and it made me relax and take things easier.










                                                                              





































God's Not Dead




The singers are the Newsboys band, this is Christian rock group founded in 1985 in Queensland, Australia. They have recorded more than 16 studio albums, six of which were certified as gold. They have been honored and nominated in several musical awards such as the GMA Dove Awards and the Grammy Awards. Currently, the band consists of vocalist and former DC Talk member Michael Tait, keyboardist Jeff Frankenstein, guitarist Jody Davis and drummer Duncan Phillips.

The song God's Not Dead was published on January 6, 2012, and was created for the movie with same name “
God's Not Dead”.  I saw the movie and the song approximately in 2015 in a theater. About the genre the truth is that I don`t like rock, but specifically Christian rock uses a very soft rock that allows the voices of the singers to be heard perfectly which I like. This song is very enjoyable and therefore I usually hear it every week, also because it helps me to learn words in English.

The first time I heard this song was in the christian movie, which I loved because it gave many examples and arguments that God exists, as I am a christian  since very early age. This song really hit me because it showed me that christian things are not boring but you can create entertaining for youngsters and at the same time deal with deep thoughts like this song. About the lyric the song says that God is not a myth and that he is not dead, instead he is alive in us and with us all the time, so this identifies me a lot.

























































No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario